Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 11: The Ramirez kids got baptized!

This week was slow until Saturday.

The Ramirez kids got baptized! Oscar and Migueli got baptized and confirmed on Saturday! It was really neat! They wanted me to give the opening prayer and a talk. It went great! Luckily the service was in English so it wasn't too difficult to speak in. Oscar got baptized by His Grandpa. Migueli got baptized by her cousin, Joey, who was only 17. I made a note to explain to him how to baptize before the meeting started, but I spent the entire afternoon trying to find a print shop that was open so that I could print out the programs. We have like 5 of them here and every one of them is apparently closed on Saturdays. Anyway, I forgot to teach him how to baptize, but he did pretty good anyway!





Friday afternoon I did an exchange with the zone leaders. I went with Elder Riddle. He's from Utah. He is great! We had a blast! We went and taught a couple that was awesome. She had hot Pink hair and he had Sky Blue hair! It was great! They accepted a Book of Mormon and commit to read and pray about it. We went to visit a less active member that is working on overcoming smoking. He used to be a pack a day smoker but is now down to 3 per day and he doesn't finish them when he does smoke, so he is doing great! Apparently the church has a program like Alcoholics Anonymous with support groups and things like that, so we are trying to get him involved in that. I would imagine that quitting the last few is probably the most difficult, so if any of you have been through that and have any advice or tips that I can pass along, please let me know.





On Thursday, I thought it would be fun to make snicker doodles to give to people when we go tracting. Nobody has had snicker doodles here and most people had never even heard of them. We went down to the church to use the kitchen. I wasn't sure how many a batch would make, so I did a batch with triple the recipe. That made just over 200 cookies. I put them on plates so they would look nice.

Feel free to send me letters!

Elder Hendrix
1008 W Sanetta
Nampa, ID 83651

I'm sending photos with all of the cookies... One with Oscar and Migueli! I am standing next to Elder Ledacis. I think he taught their father a few months prior when he was in the area. The next one has two of the awesome Spanish speaking Sisters, Hermana Stadler and Hermana Vujich. They are awesome! Then, also awesome, is Elder Summers. He is an English speaking missionary that played the piano at our baptism.

Until next week...

Elder Hendrix


No comments:

Post a Comment