Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm Elder "End-ree"

This week we had a stake conference for one of the two stakes that we cover. Elder Baxter of the seventy came and spoke. He was hilarious. He is Scottish and has a very thick accent. He would say things that were hilarious and then not even crack a smile which made it even better. He did an adult session on Saturday night which was really great, then the Sunday session turned into mostly calling random people up to bear testimonies. It was good, though. I got my picture with him.



Elder Hendrix with Elder Baxter of the Seventy



We did some service in which we helped a woman clean her house. After which, I split off and went with Brother Allred, a ward mission leader, that each week puts his lawn tools in his truck and drives around and mows lawns for anyone in the STAKE that may be in need. For example, one was a family with a parent in the hospital, another had a father with a broken leg, etc. This ward mission leader ALSO has a full time job that he does this service around. What an awesome example of service and of missionary work!

All the spanish speaking people here pronounce my name funny. The letters "h" and "x" are not really pronounced in Spanish, so it sounds like "end-ree" and I've apparently gotten used to it because someone pointed out that I started introducing myself to people as Elder "endree" instead of Hendrix. 

Feel free to send me a letter!

Elder Hendrix
1108 W Sanetta
Nampa, ID 83651

Have a great week!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment