Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 13: The big fire

This was a pretty slow week. Not a lot happened...

There is a large fire that is burning over here. It's about 20 miles from me. The buildings and trees that are difficult to see in the picture are only a quarter mile away from us. The smoke is even more dense than it looks in that picture. We had a few companionships get evacuated, but I believe that they have all been able to return to their homes as the fire passed by or changed direction. 



That is basically the highlight from my week. We have a LOT of parties with the members of the spanish ward. It's crazy! I think we had 3 just last week. A two year old had a birthday party and they had a few hundred people there! It's basically everyone on the ward list plus their families! It's funny because we only get about 30 people for sacrament.

That's all that happened this week!

I need some good ideas for suggestions or programs to get the members into missionary work! I am putting some flyers in the programs next week for all 6 of my English wards with pictures of the missionaries (English and Spanish) that cover their ward. I would like to put a list of simple ideas of how they can be "member missionaries."

Also, I am working with the Stake Young Men's and Women's presidencies to try and get the youth more involved with missionary work, so if anyone has seen or has any ideas for activities or programs that would help in that regard, please let me know!

I really enjoy receiving those handwritten letters:

Elder Hendrix
1008 W Sanetta
Nampa, ID 83651

Have a great week!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment