Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 14: Now we are a trio

On Tuesday we got a call that we were going to be taking another missionary and becoming a trio. His name is Elder Morrow and he is from Utah. He spent 6 weeks in the MTC learning Dutch so that he can serve in Belgium/the Netherlands, but his visa didn't come through, so he'll be with us until it does. It's kind of difficult for him because he knows no Spanish at all, but he's doing okay.

Transfers were this week, I didn't get transferred and neither did my companion. 

I've been praying for help with my Spanish... This week, a missionary named Elder Homer got transferred into our zone. He is Spanish speaking as well, and he has spent a lot of time over the last week helping me with my Spanish which was awesome! He helped me study Spanish for most of the day on Saturday while my companion went to a district leader training. That night, I went to visit an inactive family and I understood EVERY word they said and I talked to them for about an hour, almost entirely by myself, because of what I had learned from Elder Homer! We connected really well and we talked about Mexican culture and how colorful everything in Mexico is, just like my socks. Then, the next day, THEY CAME TO CHURCH!

Unfortunately, our president made an announcement this week that we can no longer wear suspenders or crazy socks... so no more of that.

That's all that happened this week!

Please send me some mail!

Elder Hendrix
1008 W Sanetta
Nampa, ID 83651

Have a great week!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment