Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 8: First Week in the Field






This week was good.

I made it safely to Idaho. left the MTC at 6 am. Elders Hendrickson and Wallin woke up early to see me off.

I was with Hermana Daniels, a sister from my district, all the way to the airport (1 bus and 2 different trains) and on to security where we lost each other. We did not get a chance to say goodbye, but we definitely considered it a tender mercy that we got to travel together so far.

I got to the field. I was the only spanish missionary. My Companion is Elder Muniz from Utah. He's great. He's pretty layed back. We get along pretty well. he is also the district leader so I get to help with some stuff because of that.


I am in an area called Caldwell. It is a very small town. It is laid out pretty strange. For example, it is not uncommon for there to be a gas station in the middle of a neighborhood. The houses are all older and there are no HOA's, so there aren't any parks and the houses tend to get a little messy.

because we are spanish missionaries, we are supposed to teach exclusively in Spanish, so we aren't able to just tract, though sometimes we will go find an apartment complex or trailer park to tract through. I did, however, get to go on an exchange with Elder Daniels and Elder jeans, an English pair. Elder Jeans and I went tracting almost the entire day. It was great. We stopped at a gas station briefly to get gatorades and the owner gave us a bunch and didn't charge us.

Elder Jeans and I stopped to visit an investigator named Steven. He has a few acres and he talked about how many times through his life, the missionaries showed up at just the ruight time to help them with moving or other service at EXACTLY the right time because they were giving up on doing whatever it was themselves.

I will send the picture next week, but he taught me how to drive a tractor! It was a John Deere with a Plow on the back and a loader on the front.

It was a great week! Feel free to send me mail or letters!

Elder Hendrix