Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 7: Last week at the MTC

This week was good.

We moved all of the hundreds or thousands of sister missionaries into
a brand new building that construction was just finished on. The next
day we moved them back out because there are apparently bats living in
the building.

The quorum of the 12 and the first presidency were both here this
week, but we didn't get to see any of them. We did get to have 2 brief
lessons in Spanish by a couple from Venezuela that will be serving as
mission presidents somewhere. We had a member of one of the quorums of
the 70 sit in during one of our lessons.

They were using our cafeteria for their training, so we are eating in
the gym. Unfortunately, there is no way to cook food in the gym.
Therefore, we had catering by Taco Bell, chicfila, subway, and costa
vida. You read that right...

I'm the zone leader for one more week until I leave for Idaho on
Tuesday. I go directly from SLC to Boise then somehow I get to Nampa
from there... I haven't received that instruction yet.

A lot of people have told me that the mission gets much better when
you get to the field. I'm unsure of how to feel about this. In the
MTC, I get to work with a zone of 11 fantastic elders that each have
burning testimonies. I have come to love each of them dearly and am
not at all excited about leaving the wonderful missionary family I
have found here in the MTC. The unity we have is amazing. My district
leaders are awesome, loving and filled with the spirit. They do an
amazing job of pushing their districts, and me, to be better and more
Christlike. I cannot even begin to fathom how the field could be any
better than what I have here.

But, I am grateful for the privilege I had to be here in the MTC. I am
grateful for the spirit I have felt and that I have come to carry
because of the amazing people around me. It has truly been a blessing
and a joy.

This is your last opportunity to send me a letter or dearelder in the MTC.

Te Amo

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment