Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I made it to the MTC!



Elder Hendrix on the right meets Janice Kapp Perry, LDS composer.
I made it to the Provo MTC. The weather is great and the mountains are beautiful.

I definitely miss the food from the Mexico MTC or anywhere else for that matter.

My new zone is very small. We have only one other district and they leave next week. 

I miss having more freedom in the Mexico MTC. We are not even allowed to give priesthood blessings here.  

I got here on Wednesday. My companion got here way late for some reason, So I was told I would be a solo missionary. After that, I was assigned two sisters as a companion because I was the only Elder in our district of 7.

Then We had a devotional on Sunday for the entire MTC. afterwards, I got to go up and meet the speaker... it was Janice Kapp Perry... THE JANICE KAPP PERRY! As in the one that writes all the popular LDS music! I got my picture with her... It's attached. She was awesome!

I got called to be a district leader last week. We didn't have a zone leader until this week because our last one went home last week. So, I have to go and welcome the new district this week. It will be fun, I am sure.

Those of you that would like to send me letters, my address is:

Elder Hunter Hendrix
Jul07 ID-NMPA 
2005 N 900E UNIT 54
Provo UT 84602

You can also dearelder me through dearelder.com. That Way I get it the same day that you send it.

Thank you for your love and support.

Elder Hendrix



We have a joke going around our zone about the "zone family" because my district had myself and Hermana Nicholls and the new new district brought Elder Nicols and Elder Hendrickson. So naturally we took a family picture with the Hendrix(son)es and the Nichol(l)s.

No comments:

Post a Comment