Monday, September 14, 2015

Cow tongue and stray cat: one I ate and one just sat.

This week was pretty fantastic.

I tried some tacos con lengua... Or tacos made with the tongue of a cow... it tastes like roast-beef, but it is really chewy, almost like taffy chewy. It was weird.

We had another ward party on Saturday. This one was to celebrate Mexico's independence day! This ward knows how to throw a party! I attached a photo wherein you can see all of the decor and preparation that goes into our ward parties! There was a TON of food! We have an awesome family, the Rodriguez family, that cook like you cannot imagine! They brought like a 15 gallon pot of this food called Pozole! It was AMAZING. 
There was dancing and lots of music and tons of people! It was awesome!

A great ward party in Caldwell to celebrate Mexico's Independence Day.

Pozole. Amazing!


There is a stray cat that has decided that our doorstep is its new home. It makes a screaming-like noise all night. I was surprised it didn't just leave... until I realized the other missionaries are feeding it...

This week Elder Homer and I are making cinnamon rolls with a member to take to some of the members of the ward that are having a rough time, so that will be a blast I am sure!

In other news, The disease that sent me home from my mission several months ago has returned. I was informed last week that I will be returning at the end of this transfer, in about 2 weeks. While I am disappointed, I am so very grateful that I had the privilege of being a full time missionary and furthering the work of The Lord. It has truly been amazing to be able to represent Jesus Christ in everything that I do. 

Thank you all for the support that you have given me! I can't even count how many miracles I have seen and how many times I have seen the result of each of you keeping me in your prayers!

The Spanish-speaking missionaries: Back row left to right: Elder Homer,
 Hermana Hernandez, Hermana Stadler, Hermana Moss, Hermana Vujich,
Elder Hendrix.  Front row left to right: Elder Agguire, Elder Muniz, Elder Morrow

If you would like to send me a letter, My address is
Elder Hendrix
1008 W Sanetta
Nampa, ID 83651

Have an awesome week!


Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment